Saturday, October 31, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD940 IS Digital ELPH 12.1 Megapixel

I just received my Powershot SD940. Originally I had purchased the Powershot SD780, but when this one came out two days later I returned it. I liked the bigger LCD on the 940 rather than the 780's smaller LCD with an optical viewfinder. The 940 also has a 4x optical zoom compared to the 780's 3x optical zoom. Something else I had not noticed until I received the product is that the 940 has an updated menu system. The menus are laid out more logically and can display help menus to inform the user of the cameras functions and options. This feature is not offered on the 780. After owning both cameras, I would recommend upgrading to the Powershot SD940 unless you need an optical viewfinder.

The 940 offers better zoom, bigger LCD, updated menus, and stronger performance (I found that the menus operate more smoothly and with much less lag than the 780). These are both great cameras, and I should note that the 780 is a bit smaller and lighter. Unfortunately they both have rather flat buttons that are not raised above the surface which made it a bit hard to operate at first, but I quickly got used to it. I still STRONGLY recommended!

Orignal From: Canon PowerShot SD940 IS Digital ELPH 12.1 Megapixel

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. The Canon PowerShot SD940 IS has a decent compact design. Image quality is good. It is very user friendly but performance-wise, not satisfying, very inconsistent. Overall, it is a nice camera and is not very expensive. Worth buying. For more details refer Canon SD940

    ReplyDelete